Tuesday 5 May 2009

Scrapping her Boys

This months featured scrapper is Kerryn Lawson ...our scrap the boys winner from Marchs challenge...

Hi, I'm Kerryn and I'm a SAHM to two chicks. A DD who is almost 6 and into her 3rd term of school and my DS almost 4 and the subject of my winning layout.

In a previous life I was an Office Manager, but since having our first child, I have been fortunate to be able to stay at home with the kids. We do Playgroup and Kindergyms and now kindy and school and it has been great to be able to do these things with the kids.

Now that DD is at school I have started becoming involved in her classroom and in the school library. It's only a few hours out of my week but it is great being involved and gaining some new skills (as well as getting me away from the computer and scrap desk for a while LOL).

I was introduced to scrapbooking by my hubby (silly fella). He got me a scrapbooking kit for my birthday, not long after our first family holiday - with the intention being to create a keepsake of that holiday. What hubby managed to do though was introduce me to the fantastic world of scrapping. The products, the forums, the friends - I cannot imagine my life without it now.

I have been incredibly lucky since I took up scrapbooking about 18 months ago. I have had many wonderful Design Team positions over this time, which are now mostly coming to the end of their terms (more time for challenges!!!). I am a bit of a challengaholic so I do try to squeeze in as many challenges as I can each month, but this was the first time I've enter Scrap the Boys (I think.....) and I'm totally blown away that I've won. I love the inspiration provided by the challenges, they quite often get you trying something different which I love.

Thank you so much to Susan and the team, I certainly look forward to playing along again.

1 comment:

Aphra Bolyer said...

Hi Kerryn! Love your style....so many great details and familiar products in a new way! Can't wait to see more!